[mapserver-users] Can I skip logging MS_NOTFOUND errors?

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:43:40 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have MapServer configured to serve a WFS endpoint with GeoJSON. The data
itself is in a PostGIS database.  When I make a query for data that's
non-existent, I get an empty feature collection:

http://localhost/mapserv?service=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=getfeature&typename=some_layer&srsname=EPSG:4326&OUTPUTFORMAT=geojson&some_runtime_substitution_parameter=42
>  {
>    "type": "FeatureCollection",
>    "name": "some_layer",
>    "features": []
>  }

This works as anticipated.  What I didn't expect is that MapServer logs an
error:

> msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found

I think this code is being invoked:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/master/mapquery.c#L1287-L1288

I do not think having no results should be considered an error.  Is there a
way to silence just this one  type of error?  I couldn't find anything
obvious other than other than redirecting stderr to /dev/null or remove it
via grep/sed.

Thanks,
Pete