[mapserver-users] Error While Generating Tiles

Humberto Cereser Ibanez humberto at pastoraldacrianca.org.br
Wed Mar 13 07:12:10 PDT 2019

Parsis,
according https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server
shared_buffers
"a reasonable starting value for shared_buffers is 1/4 of the memory in
your system". So, the starting value for your 61GB RAM is 1525000 Megabyte.
Make sure you have PostgreSQL >= 9.4, because < 9.4 requires some kernel
settings adjustment.

For work_mem, you must evaluate EXPLAIN ANALYSE and consider the number of
simultaneous users.