[mapserver-users] Optimize Mapcache to work with both Mapserver and ArcGIS clients

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Thu Mar 28 09:45:57 PDT 2019

Hello,

Are there any tips regarding how to optimize Mapcache to perform well for both Mapserver and ArcGIS clients?
*I know Mapserver prefers using a 72 DPI while and ArcGIS uses 96 DPI.  Will this be an issue?
*Is there a way to force ArcMap to use the same grid as Mapcache so we can avoid the need to reassemble images?
*Alternatively can we force MapServer  and MapCache to use a 96 DPI, or would this not help speed up performance for ArcGIS Clients?
*Feel  free to send any other optimization tips!

Thank You!

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP
Lyon County GIS Coordinator