[mapserver-users] PHP_Mapscript swig issue on macOS.

djrob djrobnett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 13:49:16 PST 2019

I am having the same issue on a RHEL7 server as the OP.  Using SWIG with PHP
mapscript when I attempt to add a label with any font specified it fails to
create the image and throws a fatal error.  If I leave the font parameter
out of the label section of the map file the image is generated but without
any text.

I did a little digging and found that the actual error being thrown is a
FreeType error 0x021 or "invalid library handle" when the FT_New_Face
function is called from within msGetFontFace in fontcache.c.  It appears
that the font cache is not being properly initialized but unfortunately that
is as far as I was able to troubleshoot.

I have tried with multiple locations of the fontset file and fonts
themselves.  I have tried both full and relative paths to the fonts within
the fonts.list file. Nothing seems to be able to resolve the issue.  Hoping
someone can point me in the right direction.

Here are the pertinent details on my install.  I built the mapserv files
from source, everything else was installed via yum from RedHat repositories.

MapServer version 7.4.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

PHP
PHP 7.2.24 (cli) (built: Oct 30 2019 04:12:25) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

SWIG
SWIG Version 3.0.12
Compiled with g++ [x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu]
Configured options: +pcre

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-User-f4226646.html