[mapserver-users] Mapserver bumped from 7.0.7 to 7.4.1 leads to wrong projection of features

Jaap Donker jaap at solarmonkey.nl
Thu Nov 14 07:50:38 PST 2019

Hi,

Upon updating mapserver, projections for the features we use in our webapp
were off.
We updated from version 7.0.7 to version 7.4.1. I'd like to stress that
nothing else changed in setup during testing.

In the images below you can see the situation before (left) and after
(right). The blue lines are polygons representing seamlines for the
orthomosaic of aerials we are using.
This change in projection is troubling.

Original situation:
https://pasteboard.co/IGFtgdY.png

New situation:
https://pasteboard.co/IGFtxfs.png

Going through the backlog I see that there's some changes in PROJ4, but I'm
a bit at a loss as to how best to investigate this issue.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jaap