[mapserver-users] Bewbie question about MapServer and WPS

Petros.Likidis at scb.se Petros.Likidis at scb.se
Thu Feb 27 01:47:00 PST 2020

Thanks Jeff,

I will give it a look!

Kind regards
Petros

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: mapserver-users <mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> För Jeff McKenna
Skickat: den 26 februari 2020 16:32
Till: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Ämne: Re: [mapserver-users] Bewbie question about MapServer and WPS

Hi Petros,

Since you are examining WPS, I recommend ZOO-Project (http://zoo-project.org/), from the MapServer family, which supports writing services in many languages (C, Python, PHP, JavaScript, ...), as well as creating GDAL/OGR services, and even outputting dynamic MapServer WMS services on-the-fly (meaning: it creates a MapServer mapfile that serves the result through a web map service).

But here is a great working example:

- MapServer is serving the background data (spatialite database) here through GeoJSON/WMS and the application leverages ZOO-Project to execute spatial commands (buffer etc).  Give it a try at https://ms4w.dev/zoo-project/demo/

If you check Developer Tools in your browser, you will see at call to the ZOO loader (https://ms4w.dev/cgi-bin/zoo_loader.cgi) and sending a request such as https://pastebin.com/nhpyc2jx

And the response from MapServer in GeoJSON: https://pastebin.com/G2VEVYRF

All thanks to the power of ZOO-Project WPS !!!

Hope that opens doors for you.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna