[mapserver-users] Slow and degrading performance with radar (but not satellite) on mapserver-6.0.1-3_0.el6.x86_64

English Paul paul.english at vaisala.com
Thu Jul 23 09:48:21 PDT 2020

Thanks again Steve – progress:

$ /usr/libexec/mapserv -nh QUERY_STRING="MAP=wmst?FORMAT=image%2Fpng&LAYERS=winter1km_5min&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&TIME=2020-07-23T16%3A40%3A00Z&SRS=EPSG%3A900913&BBOX=-9392582.0328932,4383204.9527744,-9236038.9989652,4539747.9867024&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256" > junk.png

Gives the following in junk.png:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 6.0.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=FREETYPE S
UPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPP
ORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
msLoadMap(): Regular expression error. MS_DEFAULT_MAPFILE_PATTERN validation failed.
msEvalRegex(): R