[mapserver-users] PostGIS Raster Filters

brett.winklesky at gmail.com brett.winklesky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:09:02 PDT 2020

Hello-

I'm trying to setup a WMS layer that is reading a raster table in PostGIS.
I am loading NOAA Global Hydro Estimation data in a single table (tiled) and
have a field that contains the datetime for the raster.  I followed the
examples here:

https://postgis.net/docs/RT_FAQ.html#idm29732

In my case I would like to use the "where" statement to filter the raster
tiles, but the 'where' statement only seems to work with the 'rid' field
(e.g. rid=123).  Based on the example in the PostGIS docs, it looks like it
should theoretically work.  I tried the "FILTER" in the map file, but I
assume that only works with vector data since it did nothing.

Does anybody know the trick to filter tiled raster data from a PostGIS
raster table?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

BW