[mapserver-users] Swig mapscript troubles

Maldonado Eric eric.maldonado at inrae.fr
Mon Jun 22 02:21:54 PDT 2020

hello,

I'm trying to update an installation from ( mapserver / mapscript 6.4) to ( mapserver mapscript/swig 7.4) on a new debian server.

I have no troubles with wms/wfs services but when I'm trying to use mapscript functions, i have these problems
~$ php -a
Interactive mode enabled

php > dl("php_mapscriptng.so");
php > $map= new_mapObj("mymap.map");
php > $p=new_pointObj(1, 1);
php > $p->toString();
PHP Warning: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function toString() on resource in php shell code:1
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in php shell code on line 1
php > echo mapscript.msGetVersion();
PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant mapscript - assumed 'mapscript' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in php shell code on line 1
mapscriptMapServer version 7.4.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=POINT_Z_M INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

It seemed no problem with the constructor method but when I try to use methods of the object i have heses errors
Could you help me ?
Thank you