[mapserver-users] Sliver when displaying 0°-360° NetCDF data in EPSG:3857

Rousseau Lambert2, Louis-Philippe (EC) louis-philippe.rousseaulambert2 at canada.ca
Fri Jun 26 06:00:31 PDT 2020

Hi,

This issue is related to:

  *   https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/722716c49de2399f54b275ab31437f0e8c92cd63
  *   https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/4c2aeb4bbd229723d8ea67c337cf02350575b2ae

The issue is that when I try to visualize (via WMS) a layer with a NetCDF data file with longitude from 0° to 360° in EPSG:3857, there is a sliver around longitude 0° where no data is displayed.

We already had that issue with the same files using EPSG:4326 and it's been fixed in MapServer (see merge request above).

Here is where you can find example files: https://dd.weather.gc.ca/model_giops/netcdf/lat_lon/2d/00/003/CMC_giops_votemper_depth_0.5_latlon0.2x0.2_3h-mean_{yyyymmdd}00_P003.nc

We are testing using: MapServer version 7.4.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=POINT_Z_M INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Here is a minimal mapfile to reproduce:

    MAP
 NAME ""
 IMAGETYPE PNG
 EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
 MAXSIZE 4096
 SIZE 500 300
 IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
 PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:4326"
 END
 TRANSPARENT ON
  DEBUG 5
     WEB
      METADATA
    "ows_extent" "-180 -90 180 90"
    "wms_getmap_formatlist" "image/png,image/jpeg"
    "wms_timeformat" "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ"
    "wms_getfeatureinfo_formatlist" "text/plain"
    "ows_enable_request" "*"
    "ows_abstract" ""
    "ows_srs" "EPSG:4326 EPSG:3857"
    "ows_title" ""