[mapserver-users] php_mapscript throubleshoot

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Wed Mar 11 05:26:51 PDT 2020

 Hi Jeff,     I know that this is the correct syntax (new mapOb) but isn't this file gererated during compilation time ? Are we supposed to change code in there ? Thank you
Regards,Stefanos
    Στις Τετάρτη, 11 Μαρτίου 2020, 12:53:09 μ.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> έγραψε:

 On 2020-03-11 4:47 a.m., Stefanos Anastasiou wrote:
> Hello,
>     I also have the same problem. I have only compiled the PHPNG version
> and there is libphp_mapscriptng.so generated which I try to put in
> /usr/lib/php/2017(...)  folder, as this is the extension folder shown by
> phpinfo(). But test_draw_map still fails complaining about new_mapObj
> in line 2508 (if I remember correct) of the mapscript.php file which I
> include in the beginning of the script as described in the migration
> guide https://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html . I have compiled SWIG
> 3.0.12 .

The correct syntax is:  new mapObj('path/to/file.map');

You can also find working scripts submitted by users in the "Additional
Notes, Tips" section at https://ms4w.com/trac

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna