[mapserver-users] layer with "truncated" symbols 2

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Mar 27 02:54:38 PDT 2020

Hi,

Your problem is on the client side. OpenLayers is now requesting tiles with 256x256 pixels. The middle tile has not any point inside its bounding box and therefore no symbols are rendered. Configure OpenLayers to do single tile requests.

http://dev.openlayers.org/examples/single-tile.html

Posts from gis.stackexchange dealing with this common issue with tiling clients:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/198450/need-clarification-on-geoserver-meta-tile
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/87116/geoserver-cutting-off-symbols-close-to-tile-edges/87123#87123
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/83033/single-tiled-mapserver-wms-to-avoid-labels-and-features-cut-along-tile-borders-a

Duplicated labels is another version of the same issue
https://www.geowebcache.org/docs/current/concepts/metatiles.html

Using some tile cache program like MapProxy, MapCache of GeoWebCache between OpenLayers and WMS is another way to resolve the problem.

-Jukka Rahkonen-