[mapserver-users] Using Raster Attribute Table (RAT) with WCS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat May 9 11:33:12 PDT 2020

Luí­s,

> I have a WCS serving a few thematic maps, where each cell represents a
> class, like in a land use or ecological map. The maps include a Raster
> Attribute Table (RAT) which essentially relates cell values to classes
> (e.g. 1 - Grassland).
>
> What would be the correct way of providing the RAT to users of these
> services? As far as I can tell, this is not supported in the WCS core. Is
> it somehow considered in an extension?
>
> Besides WCS, would it be possible to publish the RAT through MapServer in
> some other way?

One possibility would be for the WCS code in MapServer to return a .zip with let's say a .tif
file and a GDAL .aux.xml file with a GDAL RAT object serialized in it.
The input RAT could be in a .aux.xml sidecar of the input file too. MapServer would have to
set it from the source to the target

Even

http://www.spatialys.com