[mapserver-users] updated 8.0 (and 7.6.2) release plan

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Nov 20 05:59:23 PST 2020

Hi all!

The MapServer project steering committee met yesterday online, and one
of the agenda items was that we discussed the upcoming 8.0 release, as
well as an upcoming 7.6.2 release; I feel that now is a good opportunity
for all interested community members to dive in and help.  Here is a
summary of the plans:

7.6.2 release:

   Fri Dec 4

8.0 plan:

   Feature freeze: Fri. March 5, 2021
   8.0-beta1:      Fri. March 12, 2021
   8.0-beta2:      Fri. March 19, 2021
   8.0-rc1:        Fri. March 26, 2021
   8.0 (final):    Fri. April 2, 2021

The wiki has a detailed list of the major items for 8.0 :
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-8.0-Release-Plan

Or you can also follow the exact tickets through the milestones on
Github: https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/milestones

Please join in and help with the 8.0 release (and 7.6.2) by however you
can (testing, feedback/ideas, coding, documentation).  If you notice a
ticket that you want included please give it a polite 'nudge' or 'bump'
on Github, we want to hear from you, your feedback is important.  thanks!

/PSC