[mapserver-users] MAP Query Parameter

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) joerg.thomsen at wheregroup.com
Wed Aug 18 00:01:25 PDT 2021

Hello Patrick,

the cgi-directory should be the directory, where your mapserver binary
is stored.

BUT have you tried to use the absolute path? As I know, it is always the
absolute path like in
https://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/mapserver_quickstart.html#id2

When you're starting with mapserver right know, please read the security
advices Steve mentioned a few month ago:
https://mapserver.org/announcements/2021-03-30-limit-mapfile-access.html

Jörg

Am 18.08.21 um 00:37 schrieb Patrick Young:
> Hello!
>
> I've been working through the mapserver tutorial where my setup is
> fastcgi using nginx + supervisor running the mapserv process, and the
> two are talking via a unix socket.
>
> I had been banging my head on a 502 error but finally figured it out
> when I set the map= query parameter to the full, absolute path of the
> mapfile I was trying to use.
>
> In the docs (https://mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html
> <https://mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html>) it mentions
>
>> MAP [filename] Path, relative to the CGI directory, of the map file to
> be used.
>
> I am curious though, what is the "CGI directory" when you're running
> under fastcgi?
>
> Thanks!
> Patrick

Viele Grüße,
Jörg Thomsen

Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software
FOSS Academy 5 Tage-Kompaktkurs „Sommerschule 2021“
Jetzt anmelden: https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse/

Jörg Thomsen
WhereGroup GmbH
Bundesallee 23