[mapserver-users] Migrating to PHP SWIG drawFeature missing

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 6 08:06:33 PST 2021

Hi Paul,

I have recently had to upgrade all of my PHP scripts for several
client's applications, to SWIG MapScript, and your fromWKT() note is a
common one in all of my scripts too.  Good news though: your/our scripts
are easily updated for SWIG as follows:

   $map = new mapObj("simple.map");
   $drawLayer = $map->getLayerByName('drawshape1');
   $newshp = new shapeObj(MS_SHAPE_POLYGON);
   $newshp = $newshp->fromWKT($curwkt);

(the issue is that you must first declare the new shape object
separately, and then next use that same variable to call & load the WKT)

You're correct that the upcoming release will drop the old native
mapscript, so please definitely don't be afraid to jump into existing
tickets (such as this one that lists a few missing SWIG functions
https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/issues/1822 ) so we can all work
together on making the 8.0 release great.

Thanks for your feedback,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: MapServer Consulting and Training Services