[mapserver-users] Mapscript circular import error inside Python-Flask Docker

aditya kudekar adityakudekar.ak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 01:19:37 PST 2021

I have a simple flask app and I am trying to run in Docker

import mapscriptfrom flask import Flaskimport json

app = Flask(__name__)
port = 5000
@app.route("/hello")def geocoder():

    epsg = mapscript.pointObj(1, 1)
    return json.dumps(epsg)

    test()
if __name__ == '__main__':
    app.run(host="0.0.0.0", port=port)

My Dockerfile is:

FROM python

WORKDIR /opt/demo/
COPY /app .

RUN pip install -r requirements.txt

ENTRYPOINT python test.py

But I get the following error when I run docker run -p 5000:5000 test:latest
:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/demo/test.py", line 1, in <module>
    import mapscript
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mapscript/__init__.py",
line 2, in <module>
    from .mapscript import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mapscript/mapscript.py",
line 13, in <module>
    from . import _mapscript
ImportError: cannot import name '_mapscript' from partially
initialized module 'mapscript' (most likely due to a circular import)
(/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/mapscript/__init__.py)

This happens only when I have the Python VENV activated when running
outside Docker but I don't know why I am getting this error inside Docker.
Warm Regards
Aditya Rajendra Kudekar