[mapserver-users] Labels colliding with symbols

lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Thu Feb 18 07:57:03 PST 2021

Hi,

I have modified your example a little bit.

I You add REPEATDISTANCE for the text and then a fake label with transparent text above the svg symbol
I think that You get something that is close to what you are looking for.

If You remove the last fake label block You get the old behavior that the text is written above the symbol.

I have inserted the code in your GIST: https://gist.github.com/iljya/b1d58f250be11e8972ea6e5628f84b2a (https://gist.github.com/iljya/b1d58f250be11e8972ea6e5628f84b2a)

I have been experimenting without repeatdistance and I can agree with You that the results were strange.
I thought that the fake label would do the trick, but it didn't

/Lars Schylberg