[mapserver-users] WFS Filter and Validation-Block

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:35:28 PST 2021

I don't believe any of the WxS non-vendor parameters use the validation
blocks. Instead they have their own service-specific validation. Same goes
for the CGI params - they are validated using explicit code (e.g. mapext
must consist of 4 numeric elements). Exceptions (from the CGI perspective)
are parameters like *qstring *where developer-defined validation is
required because there is no set content model to follow. What you're
describing for the WFS/WMS filter might be an interesting extension - I
would think it would be easy to add (probably would need a different key,
something like wfs.filter). I'm curious what others more familiar with the
WFS/WMS filters think.

Another idea would be to disable parts of the filter specification
using wfs_enable_request
metadata - or perhaps using a new bit of metadata wfs_enable_filter?

--Steve