[mapserver-users] Layer Attribute Metadata

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 13:47:56 PDT 2021

Hi Steve,

The output would look something like the output in https://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/au/4.0/AdministrativeUnits.xsd

<element minOccurs="0" name="upperLevelUnit" nillable="true" type="gml:ReferenceType">
<annotation>
<documentation>
-- Name -- upper level unit -- Definition -- A unit established at a higher level of national administrative hierarchy that this administrative unit administers. -- Description -- NOTE Administrative units at the highest level of national hierarchy (i.e. the country) do not have upper level units. CONSTRAINT Each administrative unit at the level other than '1st order' (i.e. nationalLevel <> '1st order') shall refer their upper level unit.
</documentation>
<appinfo>
<targetElement>au:AdministrativeUnit</targetElement>
<reversePropertyName>au:lowerLevelUnit</reversePropertyName>
</appinfo>
</annotation>
</element>

Maybe this is part of the ISO standard used by GetLayerMetadata - https://mapserver.org/ogc/layer_metadata.html ?
WFS GetFeatureType doesn't seem to have a description field - http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/2.0/examples/DescribeFeatureType/DescribeFeatureType_Example01_Response.xsd

It seems a missed opportunity not to be able to document fields alongside autogenerated type/nillable information from the source.

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika