[mapserver-users] FastCGI connection pool parameters

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 5 12:21:53 PDT 2021

Hi Tom,

For MS4W users on Windows, the documentation
(https://ms4w.com/README_INSTALL.html#fastcgi) gives more specific
examples, such as:

   <IfModule fcgid_module>
      FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 0
      FcgidIdleScanInterval 1
      FcgidProcessLifeTime 10
   </IfModule>

and also points to the mod_fcgid page where each of these directives is
defined in detail: https://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html

Personally I always start with those settings, but others will have
their favorite preferences for settings.

Hope that helps,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training