[mapserver-users] php map script build/map server build

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at ucdavis.edu
Fri May 21 14:12:09 PDT 2021

To Whom it May Concern,

I am encountering several issues with building mapserver and also the
mapscript php utility.

1). When attempting to build mapserver I keep getting the error message:

CheckFunctionExists.c:(.text+0x10): undefined reference to `strrstr'

How do I resolve this issue?  I noticed that string.h is being called by
the utilities that use strrstr but why am I getting this weird error
message?  I tried to search for this error but cannot find any solid
solutions to resolve this issue?  Any ideas?

2) I am also trying to build the php mapscript but I do not see any make
files or such for configuring the php mapscript.  There is also no readme
for building this in centos 7 or centos 8.  How do I build php mapscript on
centos 7 or centos 8?

Thank you for your time.

Jason