[mapserver-users] Point query from Mapserver raster

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Nov 2 09:17:30 PDT 2021

Hi,

Yes, it is a useful hack. The same hack works with Geoservers but then GetFeatureInfo returns the values that are scaled to 0-255 for GetMaps instead of the raw values and that is not especially useful if you have a DEM layer. So be warned and stay with Mapserver.
None of the existing OGC standards suits well for point queries from rasters but the coming OGC API Coverages standard should support those https://github.com/opengeospatial/ogcapi-coverages/issues/112.

-Jukka-