[mapserver-users] Float64 on WCS

CASTRO, Emmanuel emmanuel.castro at capgemini.com
Wed Sep 8 05:44:48 PDT 2021

Hello

I am new to WCS. While testing WCS 2.0 mode on MapServer 2.18.
I noticed than WCS(1.0/2.0) only supports image mode BYTE, INT16 and FLOAT32 (I checked in the source mapwcs.cpp and mapwcs20.cpp). There is no support for FLOAT64.
Is there a specific reason for not supporting that? (GDAL supports FLOAT64 very well in GeoTiff).

My tests with WCS are from Grib2 data (Float64) to GeoTiff (which only produces Float32).

Thank you for your comments.
Emmanuel