[mapserver-users] mapserver OGR does not forward BBOX at all

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Apr 1 05:32:47 PDT 2022

Hi,

(Clipped out most of the thread because the max size of message body was exceeded).

That server does answer to GetCapabilities and DescribeFeatureType with WFS 1.0.0 but not to GetFeature. It gives an error about wrong outputformat even that it not mandatory to the standard, and it does not accept GML2 even GetCapabilities is listing it as a supported format. So yes, the service is broken with WFS 1.0.0.

I suggested to try WFS connection and WFS 1.0.0 version as a comparison to OGR connection and WFS 1.1.0 but it is best to forget that test now. I don’t know what to suggest next. Myself I guess I would install Geoserver into localhost with the standard demo data and make a Mapserver layer from the topp:states feature type and see how it behaves. I do know that I have used Geoserver WFS as input for Mapserver WMS and it worked well but that was a long time ago and I believe I used the WFS connectiontype.

-Jukka Rahkonen-