[mapserver-users] Mapscript Python module version 7.6.0 not working with Python 3 > 3.6

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 08:43:35 PDT 2022

Hi,

The wheels at https://pypi.org/project/mapscript/ are only available for Windows [1]. There is also a source distribution, but it would also require the MapServer soource and dependencies to build.

Universal Wheels for Linux would only be possible by using manylinux [2], but I've not been able to compile MapServer with this.
For other options (including creating your own Linux Wheels for your MapServer builds that can be installed in a virtual environment) see the sections "Installation on Unix" and "Building the Mapscript Module" at https://pypi.org/project/mapscript/

Seth

[1] https://pypi.org/project/mapscript/#files
[2] https://github.com/pypa/manylinux
--