[MapServer-users] converting an expression to an OGC filter

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:50:10 PST 2022

I currently have an expression in my mapfile EXPRESSION ('[postcode]' ~*
'0..$') and I'm in the process of moving to using SLD for styling - I
thought I could convert that expression to

     <PropertyIsLike wildcard="*" singleChar="." escapeChar="\"
matchCase="false">
        <PropertyName>postcode</PropertyName>
        <Literal>.*0..</Literal>
      </PropertyIsLike>

Which I think should match from the start of the string (.*) to a 0
and then two characters (..) to the end of the string. But it doesn't
work - neither does any variant on this work either.

Is there some issue with conversions between SLD Filters and internal
expressions that I'm missing or is there something else I should know
about LIKE filters?

Thanks

Ian
--