[MapServer-users] Problems with vrt created from GCP raster

Scott public at postholer.com
Tue Dec 6 09:39:00 PST 2022

My "first is worst" suggestion would be to create a .vrt for each day:

gdalbuildvrt Day1.vrt [date]*.tif
gdalbuildvrt Day2.vrt [date]*.tif

Next, in your .map file use runtime substitution:

DATA "/file/path/Day%day%.vrt"

If you really want to make this fast, convert all your source .tif's to
format COG. All you tif's will be tiled:

gdalwarp -f COG -co COMPRESS=DEFLATE -co BIGTIFF=YES sent.tif sent_cog.tif