[MapServer-users] Failed to download capabilities:Download of capabilities failed: Connection on mapfile with more than 1000 layers

Jörg Thomsen (WhereGroup) joerg.thomsen at wheregroup.com
Tue Dec 20 00:59:10 PST 2022

Hi,

funny, how you type twelve.

1200 are very much and I guess no one has tried this before.
So to your question: I would say yes.

I suggest to split it into several services / mapfiles. The
capability-xml ist very big I think and most clients will habe problems
with it. The usability is bad, the users have to scroll through 1200
Layers, puh. And I don't know whether a getMap with http-get will work
(is there a current length-limit in http-get?).

Jörg

  Am 20.12.22 um 09:42 schrieb Marcin Niemyjski via MapServer-users:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mapfile which constist of 1200 layers. While loading to qgis
> error "Failed to download capabilities:Download of capabilities failed:
> Connection" is recived.
>
> Does this happen becaues of quantitu of layers in mapfile? Is there any
> workaround?
>
> Best,
> Marcin

Viele Grüße,