[mapserver-users] mapserv cli and run-time substitution

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 01:08:26 PST 2022

Ah ok I was looking at the mapfile. Passing &YEAR=1976 in from the command line should work fine.
Maybe the value is being treated as a string, so you could test if the following worked (equals rather than less than):

EXPRESSION ("[year]" = "%year%")

Also maybe try with a different parameter name e.g. MYYEAR just in case YEAR is treated differently as it is used for various OGC services.

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net
twitter: @geographika