[mapserver-users] vector tiles?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:35:50 PST 2022

The only problem that I'm struggling with is (I think) an OpenLayers issue.
I want to do vector tiles in state plane coordinates, not epsg:3857. AFAIK
only t-rex and mapserver can serve non epsg:3857 vector tiles.

But more generally, I think that advertising that mapserver can serve
vector tiles might be nice. An RFC with no voting history doesn't inspire
great confidence in a pretty great feature.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 4:23 PM Steve Lime <sdlime at gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct. Rich, what docs would be most helpful?
>
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 8:09 AM Thomas Gratier <
> osgeo.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The code has been merged https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/5376
>> but as you can see in the PR the documentation page has never been created.
>> The demo code mentioned in the RFC works
>> https://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-119.html#bug-id-and-references
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Thomas Gratier
>>
>> Le sam. 19 févr. 2022 à 03:11, Richard Greenwood <
>> richard.greenwood at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> Are vector tiles supported and documented? My searches only find RFC
>>> 119.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard W. Greenwood
>>> www.greenwoodmap.com