[mapserver-users] MapScript import errors (Module not found) in Python venv with global install

maëlle lapriel maelscuttle at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:38:13 PDT 2022

Hi Seth,

It is working fine with Python 3.6 and the corresponding GISInternals build
until I try it in a venv, however it's not working on any other Python
version (and matching GISInternals) regardless of venv or not. Regarding
venv and env variables, it doesn't seem that anything gets wiped when
activating a venv.

Interestingly, I got it working on all tested Python versions (3.6, 3.7,
3.9) by installing MapScript using your wheels instead of using the
MapScript that ships with MapServer, both in venv and outside, and together
with QGIS loaded. I have no idea what exactly the difference is ultimately,
but at least I have a working environment now, so many thanks!