[MapServer-users] The server you are trying to connect to does not seem to be a WMS server. Please check the URL. WMS XML stops generating

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Nov 10 11:25:38 PST 2022

Hi,

Here are my initial thoughts:

- examine the exact request submitted by QGIS (examine each parameter),
see
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Get-the-Raw-WMS-Request-Generated-by-QGIS
- I remember an issue of GetCapabilities requests being cut-off, but
that was years ago in a much older MapServer version
- for that last reason I would be sure that the MapServer server is
using version 8.0 or 7.6.4
- I have also been here before when the "wms_onlineresource" url is
incorrect in the server's mapfile, causing issues in QGIS (sometimes
that could be an HTTPS redirect, or a minor change in the url).  I've
got that t-shirt several times, ha

Those are my quick thoughts.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training