[MapServer-users] Frontend recommendations for my new project: Serve time domain data?

Just van den Broecke justb4 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 05:11:44 PST 2022

Hi Stefan,

My guess is, that you want to use a browser-based frontend. Then best to
base that on Leaflet or OpenLayers. Both are pure-client JavaScript
libraries. These libs may be bare when developing from scratch, you can
also use a library that extends these libs (like MapStore).

Shameless plug: Wegue [1]  combines OpenLayers with VueJS. For basic
apps the framework ishas standard components, JSON-config-based (no
programming!), runs out-of-the box with Docker and brings no backend.
But there are many more you can find e.g. on the OSGeo-live distro [2].

[1] https://github.com/wegue-oss/wegue
[2] https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html#browser-facing-gis

Best,

Just van den Broecke