[MapServer-users] Serving data from private S3 bucket

Marcin Niemyjski mniemyjski at cloudferro.com
Thu Oct 13 01:38:54 PDT 2022

Hello,

I'am looking for a way to server data straight from a private S3 object storage. So far, I've been using public object storage and /vsicurl/ to connect by generated https to files but for some of my projects I wouldn't like users to have access to data before rendering it to wms and I definitely don't want to put aws_access key etc. in mapfile.

So basically, the goal is to provide WMS from S3 and to keep source data unaccusable at the same time.

Do you have any idea how can I deal with this issue?

Best regards,
Marcin