[MapServer-users] Solved: WMS: Not all features show, depending on how I zoom and pan

Antonis Christofides antonis at antonischristofides.com
Sat Oct 29 00:59:41 PDT 2022

Thanks Scott and Seth for the help.

You might not remember, because it was several weeks ago, but I had several GML
source files in EPSG:2100 (Greek grid), and when MapServer was responding to a
WMS request requesting the data in EPSG:3857 (or 4326), several features would
be missing.

I converted the data files to shapefiles to see what would happen, and there was
no improvement. In fact I think it was slightly worse.

Then I upgraded MapServer to 8.0.0 (from 7.6.2) and the problem disappeared. I
used 8.0.0 and not 7.6.4 because I didn't want to compile it and I installed it
from Debian bullseye backports, and backports only has 8.0.0. So I don't know if
the problem exists in 7.6.4.

Regards,

Antonis