[MapServer-users] Building mapserver on AlmaLinux with Oracle

Robert Hewlett rob.hewy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:14:46 PDT 2023

Hello All,

The end goal is to have mapserver compiled with both Oracle and PostGIS for
AlmaLinux 9.1 (Lime Lynx).

The package in EPEL+CRB has mapserver minus oracle.

Note, this is the first time building with cmake. I have most likely made
some rookie mistakes.

However, I feel the library names are slightly different e.g. Debian/Ubunut
vs RHEL naming conventions.

For instance the protobuf packages is installed:
/usr/lib64/libprotobuf-c.so.1
/usr/lib64/libprotobuf-c.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib64/libprotobuf.so.25
/usr/lib64/libprotobuf.so.25.0.0

The prefix pathi is:

 -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/local/pgsql:/usr/local:/opt

But I get an error as seen below:

  PROTOBUFC library/component/dependency could not be found.

    HINTS:
    - disable PROTOBUFC support by adding -DWITH_PROTOBUFC=0
    - add the PROTOBUFC install directory to the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable
(-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/path/to/PROTOBUFC-install-dir;/path/to/other/dirs"
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:339 (report_optional_not_found)

Any help would be appreciated,

Rob