[MapServer-users] Looking for Examples of COMPOSITE

Lars Schylberg lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Fri Aug 4 07:14:12 PDT 2023

Hi Bob,

I have an example how to use COMPOSITE and blur effects on a line and
other objects that I presented at FOSS4G last year in Italy.

https://github.com/LarsSchy/FOSS4G-2022/blob/main/layer_comp2.map.

The example can be run with map2img.

The presentation is here:
https://github.com/LarsSchy/FOSS4G-2022/blob/main/MapServer_Make-beautiful-maps_1.03.pdf

Have fun / Lars Schylberg

Den 2023-08-03 kl. 19:07, skrev Bob Basques:
> Yes this approach would work.  I'm really trying to shoot for the  > Blur effect though the further away from the line it gets, it fades
 > away. There will probably be some sort of combination of what you >
describe here, with some light dashed lines at the extreme of the >
shadow as well as the shadow. > > On 8/3/23, 11:16 AM, "MapServer-users
on behalf of Scott" > <mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf
of > public at postholer.com> wrote: > > Think Before You Click: This email
originated outside our > organization. > > > Can you use color and
outline color at specified width? Such as: > > CLASS NAME 'state'
EXPRESSION ("[rttyp]" eq "S") MAXSCALEDENOM > 1500000 STYLE COLOR
'#ffffff' WIDTH 8 OUTLINECOLOR '#0e3e09' > OUTLINEWIDTH 2 END END > >
You could also add transparency to your outline color. > > > On 8/3/23
08:45, Bob Basques wrote: >> Hello all, >> >> I’m looking for example
uses of the COMPOSITE function in >> MapFiles. I’m specifically in need
of a way to shadow a line, to >> scale, on both sides as a way of
indicating a tolerance to each >> side of the line. >> >> Anyone have an
example of a COMPOSITE block for accomplishing this, >> or even
something close (one side)? >> >> Thanks >> >> Bobb >> >> Get me in
Teams >>
<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=bob.basques@ci.stpaul.mn.us>