[MapServer-users] Raster legend

Martin Album Ytre-Eide mye at nilu.no
Wed Aug 30 02:02:31 PDT 2023

I am serving rasters through mapserver and the maps look fine. I have managed to include a raser legend by setting:

 LEGEND
    KEYSIZE 200 12
    LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      COLOR 0 0 89
    END
    STATUS EMBED
  END

My 'Class' inside my 'Layer' looks like:

CLASS
        NAME "my_legend_name"
        STYLE
            RANGEITEM "Band 1"
            COLORRANGE 255 255 178  189 0 38
            DATARANGE 1700 2000
        END
      END

This gives me a nice legend. However, it is missing ticks and values. So, there are no clues to what values the different colors represent. How can ticks be added to the embed legend? Is it even possible? I have also called the legend with GetLegendGraphic through openlayers wmsSource.getLegendUrl but without finding a way to set ticks. I would think this would be possible?

Best regards,

Martin Album Ytre-Eide