[MapServer-users] Speed of WMS vs Speed of WCS; How to speed up WCS service?

Marcin Niemyjski mniemyjski at cloudferro.com
Wed Jul 26 02:53:46 PDT 2023

Hello,

I have a problem, Namely, I have created a WCS and here is its mapfile:
https://pastecode.io/s/6v3qfssb

For a better understanding, here is a view of the tileindex through which the data is served:
https://pasteboard.co/ydgvDiqxz4lf.png

I am connecting to files located in a private bucket, so I am using vsis3.

The WMS loads quite fast, but the issue arises with the time it takes to generate a requested WCS tile:
 https://pasteboard.co/8G8uF41jqgHc.png

It takes almost 5 minutes to generate the tile, and the received data is 1.5 MiB (which is it's actual size).

Additionally, I am sending you URLs to sample data:
https://s3.waw3-1.cloudferro.com/swift/v1/Julien/Data/T34UFD_20230708T093549_TCI_60m.jp2
https://s3.waw3-1.cloudferro.com/swift/v1/Julien/Data/T37TCN_20220605T083559_TCI_60m.jp2

The case is - how to speed it up? Am I making any goofy mistakes?
I would be grateful for any recommendations or if you notice any errors, I might be making :)

Best,
Marcin