[MapServer-users] TileIndex stored in POSTGIS: text VRT instead of text path to file in location column?

Marcin Niemyjski mniemyjski at cloudferro.com
Mon Jul 31 06:24:25 PDT 2023

Hello,

Because now most of my work with Mapserver consists of the usage of tileindex and VRT (GDAL virtual raster), I was wondering if it is possible to combine these two aspects, namely: store raw VRT in the location column instead of (local or S3) path to the VRT file.

So, instead of this:
Table screenshot from PgAdmin4:
https://pasteboard.co/akhv1c17F6LY.png

I would have this in the overview column (example value of one record):
https://pastecode.io/s/d4ueuijg

In this approach, Mapserver, after checking out the intersection of the requested BBOX with table features' geometries, would directly open the VRT stored in the column overview instead of opening the path to the .vrt file.

I hope this is possible. It would solve the problem of generating a big number of files.

Best,
Marcin