[MapServer-users] Mapserver requests / prometheus metrics

Bjørn Ove Grøtan bjorn.ove at grotan.com
Tue Mar 7 08:30:16 PST 2023

Marcin Niemyjski via MapServer-users:
> Hello,
>
> does mapserver expose any prometheus metrics that I can scrape? I'm
> especially interested in metrics related to number of requests per second.
>
> Thanks, Marcin

Not that I'm aware of. Mapserver doesn't run a webserver by itself, but is
meant to be run as stateless cgi/fastcgi in a webserver such as Apache, NginX
or other. You could propably make one of those servers give you some metrics

Example: https://promcat.io/apps/apache

Would be nice to see an exporter able to understand the OGC specific stuff,
like layers and request-types, but maybe you can configure a custom parser.

--
Kind regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan