[MapServer-users] MSSQL plugin path outside of the global CONFIG file

Benedek Petrovicz benedek.petrovicz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 06:51:27 PDT 2023

Hi!

Before MapServer 8, I always defined the mssql plugin path in the mapfiles
directly.
It was a convenient way for my use case.

Now from MapServer 8 there's the required global CONFIG file I have to
define.
Which is fine, but MapServer will only allow loading the plugin through
that global CONFIG file.

The CONFIG reference states the following:

*"PLUGINS: This block allows for keys to be mapped to plugin library
paths."*

For me, this means I can define a global plugin keyword if I want to, but I
don't have to.
In reality I don't have other options. At least I don't know about any.

Is it mandatory now, to define the PLUGIN path from the global CONFIG file?

Thank you!
Benedek Petrovicz