[MapServer-users] MS_MAP_PATTERN cannot accept network share

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 06:52:50 PDT 2023

Hi Benedek: You'll need to fiddle with MS_MAP_BAD_PATTERN. Looking at the
sample configuration file it's value is:

If a mapfile path matches any of those, it's rejected. By default it's
blocking anything with \\, //, back references or commas anywhere in the
path. This makes it easier to write clear MS_MAP_PATTERN values. Anway, you
can override that value in the config file to remove blocking the //. Then
you'd want to make sure your MS_MAP_PATTERN starts with something like:

  MS_MAP_PATTERN "^//MY-NAS/MapFiles"

and be sure to test your patterns. Let us know how it goes.

--Steve