[MapServer-users] Variables in mapfile

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Nov 17 05:18:30 PST 2023

Hi,

That is an old but still relevant idea https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/issues/408.
For your use case it could be enough to store the connection into a text file and read it with INCLUDE https://mapserver.org/mapfile/include.html.

 -Jukka Rahkonen-

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: MapServer-users <mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> Puolesta Andrzej Kepys via MapServer-users
Lähetetty: perjantai 17. marraskuuta 2023 13.44
Vastaanottaja: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Aihe: [MapServer-users] Variables in mapfile

Hi All

I'm trying to deploy mapserver on kubernetes cluster, to keep development separation I'm using few environments, for every of them I've got separated database as a source for the layers. Connection parameters (host/port/user/pass) are common for all solution and stored in configmaps.

I'm looking for an option to use this enviromental variables from configmaps in mapfile, like:

       MAP
         LAYER
             NAME "ECA"
             STATUS ON
             TYPE POLYGON
             CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
             CONNECTION "host=%PGHOST% dbname=%PGDATABASE% user=%PGUSER% password=%PGPASSWORD% port=%PGPORT%"
             DATA "wkb from (select * from mapserver.special_areas_system where type_id = 1) as subquery using unique id"
             CLASS
                 STYLE
                     COLOR "#ff960040"
                     OUTLINECOLOR "#ff9600ff"
                 END
             END
         END

Is it possible? Or if not - how to deal with such case?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

--
Pozdrawiam