[MapServer-users] I want to change Map

Sven Schroeter schroeter at netgis.de
Mon Nov 27 23:16:56 PST 2023

Hi,

Tile-based maps are provided in a predefined tileset. In the case of
Google or OSM, for example, this is usually in EPSG 3857 and is defined
in a grid with corresponding resolutions for the different zoom levels
(always based on an extent):
https://mapserver.org/mapcache/config.html#preconfigured-grids
A WMS is usually used as the data source.
Of course, you can also do this for self-defined tilesets with other
resolutions and extents, as in the case of the Korean institute.
With MS4W and the Mapcache software it contains, you can define and
create such a tileset yourself.

Greetings from Germany
Sven