[MapServer-users] Compiling mapserver with php in user directory

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 17 12:45:10 PDT 2023

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately I have much experience tracking down CMake errors now, ha.

Instead of the error log, scroll up and read the output from your cmake
command (as it does its checks and looks for libraries), I find
examining that output is crucial (and I personally find the actual
generated log file is filled of fake/"red-herrings").  Focus instead on
going line-by-line through that cmake output, as it makes its way down
to the final "configuring incomplete" message.  (for packaging, this is
what I do, line-by-line)

For example, if you are trying to enable the GEOS library, I would go
line-by-line of the output and find where it was looking for GEOS
initially, and read the messages in that section, to confirm that there
are no issues when enabling GEOS.  This is crucial.

It takes much time to do this for each library.

In my case, for PHPNG support, my CMake command includes:
"-DWITH_PHPNG=1 -DPHP_EXTENSION_DIR=/usr/lib/php/20220829"

In your case I am not sure, but, I would start by examining line-by-line
the CMake output before the words "Configuring incomplete" (and totally
ignoring the generated 'output' file).

Maybe you can find the PHPNG section in your cmake command output, and
paste that here for the community to review.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, & offering MapServer Consulting/Dev