[MapServer-users] Silent error running mapserver

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Mon Sep 18 08:30:27 PDT 2023

Hello,

Seth G wrote:
> Are you able to share a Mapfile? Maybe try with a cut-down version

I found out things seem to fail due to a FILTER expression in the map
file which result in an "... AND ()" clause to be added to the SQL being
sent to the database (which is a syntax error, at least in Postgres).

My issue seems to have to do with the change from 6 to 7 where:

" Note Until MapServer 6, native filters could be specified as:
   FILTER 'where id=234'.
   But this is no longer supported."

(From https://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html )

The odd thing is we have Windows Mapserver 7 where the map files are
still working. Mapserver would be completely similar regarding map file
rules, regardless of operating system, I'd assume.

--
Troels