[MapServer-users] Silent error running mapserver

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Mon Sep 18 23:48:34 PDT 2023

Hello,

Seth G wrote:
>    It is more likely something changed between MapServer 7 and 8 which would cause this to break

I am still only aiming for Mapserver 7 (hoping to use the in-box
Mapserver packages in Ubuntu 22).

Is
https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/blob/6991fd2d2b21270e9368b52526a89a0204c2399b/src/mappostgis.cpp#L2012
a Mapserver 8 only code change?

>    It does sound like a bug though if an invalid SQL statement is created

What I think is going on:

I am using raw filter expressions which are no longer valid in MS 7+.
But then instead of throwing an error (which would be the thing to do,
in my opinion), Mapserver converts the filter expression to an " AND ()"
clause.

I hope to provide a minimal test case for that later.

--
Kind regards,
Troels Arvin