[MapServer-users] CGI variable "map" fails to validate

Lernout, Matthew Matt.Lernout at stantec.com
Tue Feb 6 11:12:58 PST 2024

Hi,

Having trouble making requests since updating to 8.0.1 from 7.6.2.
Mapserver is running in IIS using FastCGI and the configuration steps from: https://mapserver.org/installation/iis.html

A new config file was added to the filesystem and server Environment variables as per documented requirements added since 7.6.3, but having trouble validating any map arguments. All requests return the error "CGI variable "map" fails to validate" even though regexp should pass based on expression tests.

Here is the full config file in use:

CONFIG
  ENV
    MS_MAP_PATTERN "\.map$"
    PROJ_LIB "F:/MapServer/bin/proj7/SHARE"
    CURL_CA_BUNDLE "F:\MapServer\bin\curl\curl-ca-bundle.crt"
  END

  PLUGINS
    "mssql" "F:/MapServer/bin/ms/plugins/mssql2008/msplugin_mssql2008.dll"
    "oci" "F:/MapServer/bin/ms/plugins/oci/msplugin_oracle.dll"
  END
END

The current MS_MAP_PATTERN is just a simplified test to confirm 8.0.1 working before I update to the real regexp, and my understanding is it should map anything that ends in .map? But every map argument I throw in (including verified working arguments for 7.6.2) result in a failure to validate. Are there other crucial configurations missing that are necessary to pass validation?

Thanks,
Matt